Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Little off Track...

So this week I am going to go a little bit off track in my post, but since it is Spring Break, I figured it was okay.

My cousin, who is from Tucson but lives in Flagstaff, came home for the break and yesterday we were all hanging out. After a busy day of shopping, we were hungry. My cousin said she wanted some authentic Tucson Mexican food. Lucky for me, all my research about Tucson's Barrios came in handy. I immediately suggested we try out El Minuto Cafe on S. Main Ave in Barrio Viejo.

We arrived at the restaurant about 6 p.m and I had been raving about all the great things I had heard the whole way down there. When we got there they had a huge wait so unfortunately we couldn't stay, but we promised each other we would go back another time. I told her about how nice the owners are and how good the food looked when I was there and we decided we will definitely be going back soon.

We ended up going to La Parrilla Suiza instead and while the wait there was almost just as long, the food was delicious! So our lesson was learned, all restaurants have waits on a Saturday at 6 p.m. next time we will try the cafe in the Barrio.

Check out this video from El Minuto that I did as part of my project on Barrio Viejo:

No comments:

Post a Comment