Monday, April 18, 2011

Update on St. Andrew's Children's Clinic

It's official, the St. Andrew's coverage by the Border Beat class is going to be amazing! Today we started submitting pieces and I must say it is coming together better than I expected. I am so anxious to see how it all turns out!

I completed my three elements yesterday and they are waiting to be merged with all the other stories and then should be released later this week.

I did one large story sort of discussing in detail a little more about what the St. Andrew's clinic is. I called it, The past, present and future of St. Andrew's. It gives a history of the clinic as well as their plans for the future.

I also did a video about the different volunteers who help out at St. Andrews. In the piece, which features photos by fellow border beater, Samantha Sais, I talk to a medical student, tour guide, public relations representative and newsletter editor from St. Andrews. Each volunteer gave me a different perspective on the importance of the clinic and why they help out here. It was awesome to see and I hope their passion is apparent in this video.

Lastly, I did a video profile, with pictures by Kayla Lema, of St. Andrew's Executive Director, Laura Romero. In the 30 minutes I spent interviewing Laura, I can tell you I have never seen someone with so much passion for what they do. Her face literally lit up when she talked about the clinic. It was such a rewarding experience to interview her and see her dedication to these children.

Check out Laura's video below and watch Border Beat later this week to see the rest of the St. Andrew's coverage!

No comments:

Post a Comment